Tomb Of The Mutilated Forum Guidelines
Welcome to the Tomb Of The Mutilated Guidelines
These guidelines are to assist you as a member of the TOTM community and we would be grateful if you would operate within them during your stay here.
- Be polite! We�re a friendly, welcoming community and want it to stay like that. Don�t be rude or abrasive. If you�re pleasant to others, they�ll be pleasant back. We all have disagreements now and again but we don�t insult people or get angry with them. Remember to be articulate and witty. We like that. Forget about being rude or mean, we don�t like that! If you absolutely must be rude or insulting, we ask that you confine your flaming to the section of the forum known as "The Bloodlands" you are free to insult and flame there within reason, but if we grow tired of you members may request that you be banned.
- Have fun�.but not at the expense of others! We like to have fun; we enjoy a laugh and a joke as long as that�s all it is. We don�t like the ridiculing of fellow community members. If you keep clear of doing that, we�ll keep clear of doing that to you.
- Keep all your topics in the correct forum. There are forums for Cannibal Corpse Discussions, News, and forums for Pictures and General Discussion. When you�re posting for support, be specific and detailed. We find it hard to answer questions when we don�t know what you�re talking about. You�ll want an answer as quickly as possible and the best way to get that is to give us as much information as you can.
- Some of our forums are about pictures. We welcome you to post pictures and images of your own but we do ask that your pictures be appropriate to the topic. Don't post pictures of other bands in the Cannibal Corpse forums, and don't even think about posting any porn. Also please don't post the same image over and over again, because we find that really annoying and it uses up our disk-space and then we have to delete your posts. We would also ask that you try and avoid hot-linking images from other websites, other sites generally don't like it when you do that. Our forum features a picture gallery where you can upload images of your own. Again, please be sure not to post any pornography. Anything beyond bikinis and lingerie is not appropriate and not tolerated.
- SPAM! We don�t like it and we�re sure you don�t either. We�re proud of our site and want it to be the best. We don�t mind it if you�re from a competing site but we don�t like it if you spam your site here. So don�t advertise your site on ours and we won�t come and advertise our site on yours. We�re also not at all keen on you posting and asking for people to visit your site and become members. We wouldn�t do that to you so it�s only right you don�t do it to us.
- Our moderators are a fine bunch, but you might not always agree with them and they may not always agree with you. If you do happen to disagree with something one of them has done, or your topic or post has vanished or moved with no explanation, don�t get all angry about it and begin posting rude messages. Instead, contact one of the Admins or Management by PM or e-mail and explain your point of view. These things can generally be resolved pleasantly.
- Like you, we enjoy signatures and avatars and don�t mind anyone having them, but try to keep them reasonable. Huge pictures (either in pixel or byte size) can get really annoying, especially to those on dial-up. We�ll ask you to change it if it�s too big. Click here to see our visual guide to the maximum size your signature can be. Please note that this includes lines of text and/or images.
- Sometimes, people might post an inappropriate topic or reply, or it may be in a place where a Moderator hasn�t noticed it. If you stumble across one of these, we�d be grateful if you would use the Report Post to Moderator feature. You don�t need to respond to the post saying it�s in the wrong place or not really acceptable. Just report it and we�ll deal with it.
- We�re a forgiving community. We realise that sometimes things can be said that aren�t meant or are taken the wrong way. We also realise that sometimes people�s emotions get the better of their judgement. We�re not quite so forgiving of people who just seem to want to cause trouble. We don�t like to use it, but we have a system to warn people if they�re doing things these guidelines have politely asked them not to do. One of the Moderators will normally contact you at first and ask you to remember these guidelines. If the guidelines continue to be ignored then a warning might be issued. And if you�re a serial spammer or community disrupter, a ban may well be in order so that those of us who like to hang out here can continue having an enjoyable time.
- Other things that we do not allow are insults or disrespect of Cannibal Corpse or any members of the band and pornography, warez, cracks, viruses, or malicious content of any kind. This is an international community so we'd appreciate it if you would take any ethnic slurs somewhere else as we don't allow singling out of an individual because of their race, religion, etc...
- Finally be friendly. If you�re friendly and polite we�ll welcome you, you�ll fit right in and TOTM will continue to be the best Cannibal Corpse site on the �net.